Dell EMC marked the one-year anniversary of its post-merger partner program with the announcement of its 2018 framework, which includes a new rebate structure with increased profitability, training improvements and changes to the Marketing Development Funds program.
According to Dell EMC, the channel business in Asia Pacific-Japan (APJ) and its partners’ businesses grew at double-digit rates in the past year. Dell EMC helped drive partner growth through new lines of business, acquisition of new customers, and the introduction of larger and more profitable solutions.
In response to partner feedback, Dell EMC refined its Partner Program with:
- Consistency and simplicity. The 2018 Partner Program will continue with three tiers: Gold Platinum and Titanium and an elite Titanium Black Status; annual tier eligibility, and two paths to profit with simplified training;
- Increased profitability with refined rebates and simplified rebate structure, such as flexible pay options to all partner types including OEMs, distributors and global alliances;
- Simplified and unified training requirements with right Solutions Competencies in 2018, starting with Software Defined Infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud, and Connected Workforce competencies in Q1;
- Marketing Development Fund (MDF) changed to simplify the ability to track future activity or planning requests and reduce MDF administration;
- Focus on industry verticals that offer the largest opportunity for partner growth, such as healthcare and life sciences, energy (oil and gas, utilities), video surveillance, and SLED (state and local government, education). Dell EMC sees opportunity to help partners build solutions in trending areas such as IoT, AR/IR and machine learning.
“Our partners in APJ are integral to our success as a business and we are constantly striving to improve our offering of support, incentives and resources to help our partners to grow hand-in-hand with Dell EMC,” said Tian Beng Ng, senior vice president and general manager, channels, APJ, Dell EMC.
“The success of our program in APJ, where customers and partners are taking advantage of the opportunities presented by digital transformation and emerging technologies, as well as advancing their digital transformation capabilities through IT, workforce and security transformation, is testament to this,” he said.