Veeam Software launched its new Availability Console, a free management console for service providers delivering Veeam-powered services such as Backup as a Service (BaaS) and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS).
The Veeam Availability Console (VAC) is an opportunity for resellers and managed service providers (MSPs) to launch a managed backup service business, said Veeam in a statement. They can provision, manage and monitor Veeam virtual, physical and cloud solutions for their customers and capture new revenue streams by offering fully-managed BaaS and DRaaS alongside their traditional business lines.
“Veeam is dedicated to our 16,700 service provider partners who are delivering BaaS and DRaaS services to their customers,” said Danny Allan, vice president, product strategy, Veeam. “VAC makes it easy to deploy, manage and monitor all their customers’ Veeam-powered services, whether they are for applications and data in the cloud, in a virtual environment, or on a physical server or laptop.”
VAC can also be used by distributed enterprises operating in an IT service delivery model. They can offer efficient, centrally managed backup, data protection, and disaster recovery services across a distributed multi-cloud environment, including on-premise or private cloud, public cloud, remote and branch offices (ROBO), mobile and home workforces.
“VAC is essentially a centralised management platform for our 600+ Veeam Cloud and Service Provider (VCSP) in APJ where service providers can onboard, monitor and manage their customers,” said Asanga Wanigatunga, senior director, APJ, global cloud group, Veeam. “It is a web-based solution and completely multi-tenant. Our VCSPs can stay on top of their business with real-time monitoring and reporting of their customers’ virtual, physical, and cloud-based Veeam infrastructure with automated billing.”
The VAC’s key features include:
- Simplified customer onboarding, with the ability to centrally provision and manage all customers in one place
- Remote network discovery of customer environments to deploy Veeam’s availability solutions
- Supports virtual, physical, and cloud-based servers and endpoints
- Remote management and monitoring of Veeam backups and replicas for customers in an all-in-one dashboard view
- Tracking, billing, and invoicing with real-time visibility of consumed resources with white-label invoices
- Self-service management and status monitoring using a multi-tenant portal by partners and end customers
- RESTful API to easily integrate VAC functionality into existing management portals and workflows, and automating common management tasks
The VAC licence is provided free of charge and fully supported for VCSP partners. Service providers interested in using it may join the VCSP program with no obligation to purchase paid Veeam solutions. Enterprises looking to purchase VAC need to contact their local Veeam representative.